Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
~ Abraham Lincoln

Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
~ Richard Bach

A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
~ Frank Crane

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
~ Edgar Watson Howe

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
~ Albert Camus

The best time to make friends is before you need them.
~ Ethel Barrymore

Friendship Quotes
Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.
~ Jennie Jerome Churchill

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
~ Arnold H. Glasgow

The road to a friend's house is never long.
~ Danish Proverb

Be a friend to thyself, and others will be so too.
~ Thomas Fuller

It is a sweet thing, friendship, a dear balm,A happy and auspicious bird of calm...
~ P. B. Shelly

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
~ Unknown

A friend loves at all times...
~ Proverbs 17:17

Friendship is the only cement
that will ever hold the world together.
~ Woodrow Wilson

Treat your friends as you do your pictures,
and place them in their best light.
~ Jennie Jerome Churchill

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
~ C.S. Lewis

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows.
~ Unknown

Friendship without self - interest is one of the rare and beautiful things of life.
~ James F. Byrnes

Give me one friend, just one, who meets The needs of all my varying moods.
~ Esther M. Clark

The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.
~ Benjamin Disraeli

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friendship is neither a formality nor a mode: it is rather a life.
~ David Grayson

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone; one should keep his friendships in constant repair.
~ Samuel Johnson

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~Leo Buscaglia

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. ~Aristotle

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasgow

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927

A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~Author Unknown

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. ~Edgar Watson Howe

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. ~Henry David Thoreau

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ~Arnold Glasow

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~Elisabeth Foley

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~William Blake

A friend is the only person you will let into the house when you are Turning Out Drawers. ~Pam Brown

One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human. ~George Santayana

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts

If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort. ~Adabella Radici

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. ~Samuel Johnson

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ~Dave Tyson Gentry

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

A faithful friend is the medicine of life.